Who We Are
Centrally located to all the seven cities of the Hampton Roads area, Pasadena Villa Outpatient – Norfolk specializes in treating adults and adolescents who have anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorders, personality disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). We are committed to providing compassionate, comprehensive, and high-quality individualized psychiatric and psychotherapeutic care for individuals who suffer from severe and persistent mental illness while maximizing social functioning in the real world.
Note: We do not accept Medicare or Medicaid.
Pasadena Villa Outpatient – Norfolk offers a variety of additional services as part of our partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs including yoga therapy, massage therapy, and art therapy as well as support from our therapy dog, Piper.
- Yoga Therapy: Incorporating yoga into treatment integrates both mind and body, creating a more holistic healing process through the teaching of mindfulness and improving each client’s connectedness and awareness to their internal experience.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy can be an effective treatment by elevating neurotransmitters associated with lowering anxiety and decreasing hormones associated with increasing anxiety. Studies show that massage therapy can improve mood and reset circadian rhythms, leading to improved mood, better sleep, and more energy.
- Art Therapy: Through our partnership with Eastern Virginia Medical School we provide art therapy that helps our clients explore their emotions and lived experiences, foster self-awareness, self-esteem and social skills, focus on growth and healing, and manage and recover from PTSD, depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses.
- Therapy Dog: Our therapy dog, Piper, is a welcome addition to the team. Piper is certified through the Alliance Of Therapy Dogs and is a Canine Good Citizen with The American Kennel Club. Research shows that therapy dogs can have a significant positive impact on mental health. Interacting with animals releases an automatic relaxation response, promotes the release of serotonin, prolactin and oxytocin which can play a part in elevating moods, lowers anxiety, provides comfort, reduces loneliness, and can act as catalysts in the therapy process.
What We Treat
At Pasadena Villa Outpatient – Norfolk, we specialize in treating complex mental health conditions and co-occurring disorders. The multimodality approach involving group, individual, and family therapy along with psychiatric services allows our clinical team to effectively understand and address challenging behavioral issues. Often, it’s the combination of multiple mental health conditions that hinders progress with traditional services. At our facility we treat:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Levels of Care
At Pasadena Villa Outpatient – Norfolk, we offer five levels of care for mental health treatment: an adult partial hospitalization program (PHP), an adult intensive outpatient program (IOP), an adolescent IOP, an adult day virtual IOP (V-IOP), and an adult evening V-IOP.
A convenient and COVID-safe treatment option that mirrors the experience and support of our in-person option, our adult day V-IOP creates meaningful improvement and a solid foundation before transitioning back to traditional outpatient.
Adult Evening V-IOP
Provided throughout the state of Virginia, our adult evening V-IOP is an eight-week virtual program offered only in the evenings on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4:00 to 7:00 pm EST. Learn more here.
How We Treat
While under the care of Pasadena Villa Outpatient – Norfolk, you will receive high-quality treatment from a team of highly qualified professionals. Our weekly group therapy schedule has groups based on various treatment modalities, including but not limited to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), music therapy, expressive arts therapy, and mindfulness. In addition, we offer yoga therapy, massage therapy, art therapy, and the support of our therapy dog. With such a variety of treatment approaches, you will begin to learn skills and address mental health concerns from numerous angles and perspectives.
You can also expect to meet a wide variety of people in treatment with various mental health concerns and life experiences who can provide new perspectives and insights on what you may be working through yourself. As group members enter and leave treatment, the group will evolve offering opportunities to learn and grow together practicing valuable skills for real-world success.
- Specifically curated psychotherapy groups meet weekly to ensure they address each client’s needs.
- Treatment options include group-based therapy with individual psychotherapy, family sessions, and medication management as indicated by the treatment plans.
- Virtual and in-person treatment options are also available.
Licensed clinicians with certifications in evidence-based methods utilize a whole-person approach that includes, but isn’t limited to the following therapies:
- Cinema Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Expressive Art Therapy
- Movement Therapy
- Somatic Psychotherapies
Board-certified psychiatrists oversee treatment, conduct psychiatric evaluations, and offer medical consultations. Through privileged clinical partnerships, community providers continue to serve as an extension of each client’s treatment team.
Pasadena Villa Outpatient – Norfolk is currently in-network with Aetna, Anthem, and Humana. Additionally, we are a certified, non-network Tricare provider.
We also offer private pay and out-of-network benefits. Our admissions team works with each client to find what works best to make our world-class treatment available to them. Call us at 804-577-1896 to discuss financial and insurance options.